Friday, December 14, 2007

The Gamble

I memorized the words to a Kenny Rogers long ago, when i was just a kid. It's called The Gambler. I recall it goes something like this: You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run.
MasterIW and i, we tried to play one last time....The stakes were high, and the game is over. I don't really know who won, but if i had to call it-- i'd say we both broke even.
I don't really think this post will make sense to most, and i don't mean to suggest it is just a game. It felt very real. And the consequences are real. This is just my way of dealing...right now.

3 comments:

elle said...

it's no surprise that we often feel the need to mend broken relationships. i think its more for the peace it provides us - that we made every effort - than anything else.

my best to you.

elle

kirana said...

i think i absolutely know what you mean and exactly all those things you hid behind the words. i know i do,in fact. Some things are like that.

All my best,
toy

elle said...

havent popped your head out in awhile... i hope you're okay.